Are you a macaroni and cheese lover? If so, you’re in for a treat with this mouthwatering San Giorgio Mac and Cheese recipe.
This dish is the epitome of comfort food, made with San Giorgio elbow macaroni and a creamy cheese sauce. Whether you’re looking for a delicious main course or a savoury side dish, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings.
Table of Contents
Macaroni and cheese is a beloved dish that holds a special place in the hearts of many.
While there are countless variations of this classic recipe, we believe that our San Giorgio Mac and Cheese stand out from the rest. What sets it apart? It’s the perfect combination of flavour, simplicity, and quality ingredients.
First and foremost, our recipe calls for San Giorgio elbow macaroni. This pasta is designed to hold onto the rich and creamy cheese sauce, ensuring that every bite is delicious.
San Giorgio pasta cooks up to a perfect al dente texture so that you can enjoy that satisfying bite without any sentimentality.
- 1 lb. San Giorgio elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the San Giorgio elbow macaroni according to the package instructions.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and simmer for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, salt, and black pepper. Continue stirring until the mixture reaches a rolling boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the shredded sharp cheddar cheese until entirely melted and incorporated.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix thoroughly to ensure every noodle is coated.
- Transfer the macaroni and cheese mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the dish is hot and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
- Sodium: 505 mg
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Protein: 12 g
- How long will San Giorgio Mac and Cheese last?
– San Giorgio Mac and Cheese will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Can I freeze San Giorgio Mac and Cheese?
– Yes, you can freeze San Giorgio Mac and Cheese. Just make sure to thaw it completely before reheating.
- What is the best way to reheat San Giorgio Mac and Cheese?
– We recommend reheating San Giorgio Mac and Cheese in the oven or microwave. Avoid stovetop reheating as it may result in mushy pasta.
- Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?
– Absolutely! While our recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese, you can experiment with other cheeses to create your desired flavour profile.
- Do I have to use milk in this recipe?
– While you can use water as a substitute for milk, we highly recommend using milk as it adds richness and enhances the overall flavor and texture of the dish.
- Can I prepare San Giorgio Mac and Cheese ahead of time?
– Yes, you can make San Giorgio Mac and Cheese ahead of time. Simply reheat it before serving to enjoy its cheesy goodness.
- What are some delicious sides to serve with San Giorgio Mac and Cheese?
– San Giorgio Mac and Cheese is delightful on its own, but you can elevate your meal by pairing it with a side of green beans or a fresh salad.
- Craving a comforting classic?
- Indulge in the creamy goodness of Famous Dave’s Mac and Cheese, a recipe that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- Use high-quality cheese for the best flavor and meltability.
- Cook the San Giorgio elbow macaroni just until it reaches al dente. Overcooking can result in a mushy texture.
- Whisk the flour into the melted butter to ensure it is fully incorporated and avoids any lumps in the sauce.
- Stir the sauce constantly while cooking to prevent it from burning or sticking to the pan.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly before adding the cheese to prevent clumping.
- Stir the cheese into the sauce until it is fully melted and creates a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Serve the San Giorgio Mac and Cheese immediately for the best flavor and texture, or store it in the fridge for later enjoyment.
If you’re craving a classic, delicious, and easy-to-make macaroni and cheese, look no further than our San Giorgio Mac and Cheese recipe.
With its perfect blend of San Giorgio elbow macaroni and a creamy cheese sauce, this dish is guaranteed to impress.
Whether you’re serving it as a main course or a side dish, it’s a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone asking for seconds.
So, grab your ingredients, follow our simple instructions, and indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience.
For more mouthwatering pasta recipes, check out these articles:
- Best Italian Pasta Dishes: Explore the rich culinary heritage of Italy with these delectable pasta dishes.
- Italian Homemade Pasta Secrets: Uncover the secrets to making authentic Italian pasta at home.
- Authentic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe: Elevate your pasta salad game with this authentic Italian recipe.
- Traditional Italian Pasta Recipes: Culinary Heritage: Immerse yourself in the rich culinary heritage of traditional Italian pasta recipes.
- Indulge in Popular Pasta Dishes from Italy: Discover the most popular pasta dishes from Italy and indulge in their delightful flavors.
- Discover the delightful nostalgia of Howard Johnson’s Mac and Cheese recipe – a timeless dish that brings together flavors of the past in every bite.
- Dive into the delectable world of mac and cheese with Mary Mac’s renowned recipe, blending tradition and flavor to create a dish that’s truly unforgettable.
- Experience a cheesy sensation like no other with Rocky Carlos’ Mac and Cheese recipe, where rich flavors and a perfect blend of ingredients create a masterpiece on your plate.
Hungry for more? Check out our collection of easy and delicious Italian pasta recipes at Delish Pursuit and embark on a culinary adventure.