Table of Contents
Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese is a popular dish served at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., a renowned seafood restaurant chain.
This dish features tender elbow pasta coated in a creamy cheese sauce, studded with juicy shrimp, and topped with a crunchy breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese crust.
The combination of flavors and textures creates a truly indulgent experience that will leave you craving more.
The Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe gained popularity when it was introduced at one of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.’s restaurants.
Its irresistible taste and creamy texture made it an instant hit among diners. Inspired by the demand for this mouthwatering dish, we’ve created a recipe that allows you to recreate the Bubba Gump experience in the comfort of your kitchen.
To make the Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese, you’ll need a few simple ingredients to create a symphony of flavors. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Elbow pasta: This classic shape is perfect for capturing the cheesy sauce.
- Butter: Adds richness and flavor to the dish.
- Shrimp: Medium-sized shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut into thirds, provide a delightful seafood element.
- Cajun seasoning: Gives the word a hint of spice and depth of flavor.
- Onion: Adds a subtle sweetness and texture to the plate.
- Flour: Helps thicken the sauce and gives it a nutty flavor.
- Milk: Creates the creamy base for the cheese sauce.
- Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese: These two cheeses melt beautifully and contribute to the rich and cheesy goodness of the dish.
- Salt and pepper: Essential for seasoning.
- Parmesan cheese: Adds a touch of richness and a delightful crunch when baked.
- Breadcrumbs: Provides a crispy topping.
- Parsley: Adds a fresh and vibrant touch to the finished dish.
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to dive into the step-by-step process of making the Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese. Follow these instructions, and you’ll be well on your way to creating a mouthwatering masterpiece:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the elbow pasta according to the package instructions until it’s al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Cook the shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the grated onion and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the flour and stir constantly for another 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk to the saucepan, whisking continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese to the saucepan and whisk over low heat until both cheeses are melted. Season the sauce with 1/4 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to a 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir until everything is evenly combined. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top, followed by the breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Bake the dish for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Serve immediately and enjoy the cheesy goodness!
- If you need clarification on whether the shrimp is cooked through, cut it into one piece to check.
- Feel free to experiment with different cheese types to create your unique flavor profile.
- For added variety, you can incorporate other ingredients, such as bacon or vegetables, to enhance the flavor and texture of the dish.
The Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese is a versatile dish that pairs well with various sides. Here are a few suggestions to elevate your culinary experience:
- Steamed vegetables: Serve a side of vibrant and nutritious steamed vegetables to balance out the richness of the mac and cheese.
- Simple salad: A fresh and crisp salad with a tangy dressing can provide a refreshing contrast to the creamy and cheesy flavors of the dish.
- Garlic bread: Add buttery garlic to complement the decadent, comforting mac and cheese flavors.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Place the mac and cheese in a baking dish with a few tablespoons of water or milk to reheat.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F (177°C) for 15-20 minutes or until heated.
If you’re a mac and cheese enthusiast, you’ll love these other delicious mac and cheese recipes:
- The Famous Dave’s Mac and Cheese is a smoky and flavorful twist on the classic mac and cheese recipe.
- Howard Johnson Mac and Cheese: A nostalgic and creamy mac and cheese recipe inspired by the beloved Howard Johnson restaurant.
- Mary Mac’s Mac and Cheese: A Southern-style mac and cheese recipe with a delightful blend of cheeses and a crispy breadcrumb topping.
- Rocky Carlos Mac & Cheese: A spicy and cheesy mac and cheese recipe with a twist of Mexican flavors.
- San Giorgio Mac and Cheese: A classic and comforting mac and cheese recipe that will satisfy your cravings.
- Sylvia’s Mac and Cheese: A soulful and cheesy mac and cheese recipe inspired by the iconic Sylvia’s Restaurant.
- Ukrop’s Mac and Cheese: A creamy and cheesy mac and cheese recipe that has been a favorite in Virginia for decades.
- 6 Cheese Mac and Cheese: A decadent and cheesy mac and cheese recipe featuring a blend of six different cheeses.
The Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe is a delightful combination of flavors and textures that will transport you to seafood heaven.
This dish will become a family favorite with its creamy cheese sauce, succulent shrimp, and crispy breadcrumb topping.
So, gather your ingredients, follow the step-by-step instructions, and get ready to indulge in a cheesy culinary adventure. Happy cooking!